Pre-Game Team Setup

Discuss Thrones Online here!
MisterZ

Pre-Game Team Setup

Post by MisterZ » Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:19 pm

So far it's established there will be 5 character classes: Warrior, Mage, Archer, Hunter, Healer. I'm going to come up with a setup based on the little knowledge I have on how they each play out; other than what I know from other Tactical RPG's I've played. I usually have many types of Warrior units to tank and create some sort of "Wall" strategy to block the enemies from attacking my "squishy" units. I'm not sure how many characters we'll be able to start out with, but I'll just assume something near 5 or 6 for the sake of building a temporary team build. This will not represent the team I will primarily run with as I might change it up over time to fit my play style. To create a "Wall" effect I'll experiment with (3) Warriors to protect the rest of my team. I'm going to need some heals to keep my Wall alive so I'll go with (1) Healer. That leaves me with range units so I'll get (1) Mage for elemental damage and (1) Archer for good range damage. I'll also try other team types to see how they play out or as I learn more about the game.

Edit: The amount of units you can use depends on the match type. Listed below is the amount of players versus other players and how many units each type of match can use.
  • 1v1 = 1-5 Units
    2v2 = 1-3 Units
    3v3 = 1-2 Units
    4v4 = 1-2 Units
1v1 Teams

-Team #1-
  1. Warrior 1
  2. Warrior 2
  3. Healer
  4. Mage
  5. Archer
-Team #2-
  1. Warrior
  2. Mage 1
  3. Mage 2
  4. Hunter
  5. Healer
2v2 Teams

-Team #3-
  1. Warrior
  2. Mage
  3. Healer
3v3 and 4v4 Teams

-Team #4-
  1. Mage
  2. Hunter
I will adjust the above as I learn more about the game.

Please post your feedback or your own Team Builds.
Last edited by MisterZ on Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:57 am, edited 16 times in total.
Pie... And lots of it.

Admin
Site Admin

Re: Pre-Game Team Setup

Post by Admin » Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:51 pm

Just a heads up as to what the current team situation is looking like:

1v1 player matches can use anywhere from 1 to 5 units per player
2v2 player matches can use 1 to 3 units per player
3v3 and 4v4 player matches use 1 to 2 units per player

So there will definitely be some benefits to planning out your team's units. I think I'm going to post up some information on each class so there's a better understanding as to just what each can do.
This is my amazing signature.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Isn't it amazing?

MisterZ

Re: Pre-Game Team Setup

Post by MisterZ » Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:42 am

Thanks for the information. I'll modify my list to fit your criteria. Looking forward to learning more about the classes.
Pie... And lots of it.