What MMO do you play?

The place for discussing anything not related to Konitama or the games. Keep it civil!
MisterZ

What MMO do you play?

Post by MisterZ » Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:45 pm

I've been playing online games for roughly 10 or so years now and I've been addicted since I first started at the age of 10. Gaming is and has always been my favorite hobby.

Anticipating some sort of public testing for Thrones Online I have to keep myself busy with other Massively Multiplayer Online games. I've played just about every Free MMO out there and if I haven't, I've probably checked it out or watched some gameplay videos. Currently, I'm only playing a few mmo's which are included in the list below.

Runescape - One of my very first mmo's that I have always been addicted to. I really like this mmo probably because of the amount of content and options you have in the game. Being a classless game you can pretty much do whatever you want and not have to follow any linear path in the game.

LOTRO - Lord of The Rings Online is a really good free to play mmo and I've been playing it recently with a good friend of mine. It plays like a pay to play MMO and has a really good storyline and original classes. I really enjoy the instances and team play in the game; the instances are challenging and very rewarding. The item mall in the game is interesting because you can earn Item Mall currency by unlocking deeds in the game and possibly buy all the content you would ever need. The community is fairly mature and involved. Very noob friendly and often willing to lend a helping hand.

Gears of War 2 - I've been playing this game for 3 years and it really has its ups and downs. It can be very frustrating and confusing a lot of the time but it still is a very rewarding game. It's a very challenging third person shooter that relies on team play. I play this game on and off and recently just got my Wings(Max Level of 100). Really fun game.

PoxNora - A game I recently just started playing which reminds me of a table top turn based tatical game. I've been trying to find a really good Tactical MMO and I found very few, maybe around 3 or 4. This is the one that I enjoyed the most out of all of them but still lacks the type of content or gameplay that I'm looking for. Some of it is RNG and relies on some luck, kinda like a trading card game. The other half of it relies on tactical movement and setup. You can use magic to change the outcome of the game and destroy the enemies castle. It's a pretty decent game.

So what MMO or what MMO's do you play? Please post a reply stating the game and some of your own information about it. If you're not playing any just post MMO's that you're looking forward to. Of course I'm looking forward to Thrones Online! :D
Pie... And lots of it.

Admin
Site Admin

Re: What MMO do you play?

Post by Admin » Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:42 pm

The only MMO I'm currently playing is APB Reloaded. It's in open beta at the moment but it is pretty overrun with cheaters at the moment, so it is only fun to play in small doses.

I'm always on the lookout for other online tactical rpgs too... I know there is Dofus/Wakfu but I couldn't get into Dofus at all... was just too boring and slow for me. Wakfu is in closed beta and I can't get access to it, so that is on hold. :p

Speaking of Dofus, I saw this funny commercial for it on TV the other day... Their slogan is "Dumb name, smart game" or something. I thought it was pretty funny that they are translating the game for English but decided to keep the odd name and then even go as far as to make fun of it. Would have been easier to just rename it something else for the US release... lol.
This is my amazing signature.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Isn't it amazing?